The British Moroccan Society (BMS) is a registered Charity in the UK (No. 1111703) and dedicated to the promotion of links and understanding between our two nations.
The purpose of the BMS is to create opportunities for social, cultural, educational, business and charitable activities, continuing to contribute to the strong relations started 800 years ago between the UK and Morocco.
The BMS aims to foster:
- Knowledge of Morocco in the UK and vice-versa
- Interest in Moroccan and British culture and art and the development of cultural exchange between the two countries
- Social contacts between those interested in the two kingdoms
- Commercial, economic and touristic links and exchanges
- Educational collaboration and connections
- Events to raise money for charitable causes in Morocco
Start time: January 14, 2021 7:30 pm GMT
Abdelmajid Hannoum, Professor of Anthropology at the University of Kansas, will be speaking to BMS members about his fascinating book “Living Tangier” which documents the lives of migrants at this historic cultural crossroads.